NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Your Information. Your Rights. Our Responsibilities
This is a summary that describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed. You can view our entire disclosure on our website www.slcompounding.com If you would like a paper copy of our full disclosure please contact us at 813-395-5667 and we will provide it to you promptly. Please review it carefully.
You have the right to:
- Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record
- Correct your paper or electronic medical record
- Request confidential communication
- Ask us to limit the information we share
- Get a list of those with whom we‘ve shared your information
- Get a copy of this privacy notice
- Choose someone to act for you
- File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
You have some choices in the way that we use and share information as we:
- Tell family and friends about your condition
- Provide disaster relief
- Include you in a hospital directory
- Provide mental health care
- Market our services and sell your information
- Raise funds
Our Uses and Disclosures
We may use and share your information as we:
- Treat you
- Run our organization
- Bill for your services
- Help with public health and safety issues
- Do research
- Comply with the law
- Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
- Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
- Address Workers’ Compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
- We may say ” no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days
Ask us to limit what we use or share
- You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treat ment, payment, or our operations. We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say ” no” if it would affect your care.
- If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer. We will say “yes” unless a law requires us to share that information.
You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times weve shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with, and why.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
- You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us using the information on page one or below
- You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ ocr/privacy/ hipaa/complaints/ .
- We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
How do we typically use or share your health information?
We typically use or share your health information in the following ways:
We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.
Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
Run our organization
We can use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.
How else can we use or share your health information?
We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways- usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes. For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing . If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any ti me. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.
If you need any additional information about this notice or wish to exercise any of your rights set forth in this notice, please contact the Privacy Officer at the following address: